For the Year
- Finish ten non-fiction books
- Complete two hardware projects
- Create a static site generator that pulls from a flat file database
- Write a blog post about a topic
- Ride a bike over 10KM
- Write an summery of events in my journal
I failed a few of these goals. I'll get the negatives out of the way first.
I haven't completed a single project this year. Mainly because I had to move house suddenly partway through the year which messed up my rhythm for the rest of it. This is also why I failed to work on a project most weeks for the weekly goal. In retrospect completing eight projects I didn't have outlines for at the start of the year was untenable. I'll reduce that for next year and work my way up.
Writing in my journal was a daily thing that started in Sept 2018 and I kept it up for over one hundred days. After that streak I felt burnt out and since then I have written...nine entries. Not even weekly, most of them are months apart and have half remembered information in them. Next year I would like to go back to writing daily or at least weekly.
I have reduced my meat intake significantly this year, until this year nine out of ten meals I ate contained meat, now it's more like one in ten. My diet has improved a lot because I'm thinking about what I'm eating now.
I 'read' 30 books this year. Most of them were audio books and science fiction which I will mix up with more non-fiction in 2020.
I've hit my exercise goal of thirty minutes on average two times a week this year which I'm proud of. Next year I'd like to do more cycling.
For the year
- Finish thirty books
- Reduce the amount of times I eat meat in a week to three
- Complete eight projects to a satisfactory level
- Write a summary in my Journal
- Hit my Exercise goal at least 3 times
- Work on a project